10 Easy Ways to Add Fall to Your Home
For years I never changed my decor with the seasons. I didn’t want to be extreme and spend lots of money on something I’d be changing in a few weeks or months.
But, now that I’ve done it a few times, I’ve found it’s neither expensive nor very difficult. And changing just a few things here and there keeps things seasonal AND interesting. I do get bored looking at the same thing all the time.
So for those of you looking for away to cut through all the design advice out there (it can be confusing!), give yourself a place to start. Here are a some quick & easy ways to add Fall to your home decorating!
1. Switch out your Pillows
Throw pillows are a super simple way to change the look of a space. Here, I just added a couple of pillows with warmer colors to my living room couch. My favorite sources for throw pillows? Here you go:
- Home Goods (local)
- Pier 1
- Our Traditions Etsy Shop*
- Pillows for Everyone Etsy Shop*
- Our Rustic Home Decor Etsy Shop*
- Nest Of Petals Etsy Shop*
*I have not used these particular vendors but I like their products and they have good reviews.
2. Freshen up Your Front Door
3. Sprinkle Pumpkins Throughout
- Local – Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Kohl’s, Michael’s, TJ Maxx
- SassafrasHome Etsy Shop
- Milk and Moon Baby Etsy Shop*
- Handmade Darling Etsy Shop*
- Curl Design Company Etsy Shop*
- Nevada Knits Etsy Shop*
- Miss Mo’s Merriments Etsy Shop*
*I have not used these particular shops personally but I loved their products and reviews were good.
4. Fill a Bowl with Apples
5. Spice up the House
Add Autumn scents to your house. There are a few ways you can do it:
- Bake a pie (my favorite is Apple!)
- Use essential oils (mine are from Amazon and include scents like applie pie and brown sugar. Yum!)
- Light a candle
6. Hang a Fall Wreath
7. Hang a Fall Dishtowel on your Stove Handle
8. Switch out a Portrait
I have this one spot at the top of my bakers rack where I switch out the picture to something seasonal. I now have something special for Fall, Christmas and everything else. The pumpkin sign I found in my local Home Goods. Another source for awesome signs that I have not used yet but have heard great things about: Harper Grayce.
9. Add Branches to a Vase
10. Change out or add a Table Runner
How about you?
Do you have a quick and easy way to add Fall to your home? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!