set of little birdie embellishment flowersfrom local AC Moore
faux brown mossfrom my own house
small grapevine wreathfrom local Michaels'
larger grapevine wreath (optional)from my own house
barnboard background image (optional)
Lightroom preset (optional), my own creation
This is a picture of all the supplies I used for this DIY.
Place a liberal amount of newspaper under your work area and have a piece of wax paper handy as a place for the eggs to dry.
Rip strips of antique paper and use Modge Podge to apply them, one by one, to each egg. I worked on one egg at a time and finished it before moving on to the next one.
Let the eggs dry. It may take a few hours until they are completely dried throughout.
Wrap twine around each dried egg 3 times.
Add embellishments to each egg (I used tiny faux flowers and sprigs, something a little different on each).
To stage the eggs, you can use just one grapevine wreath, whichever size is best suited for the size of your group of eggs. I decided to use both wreaths because I had the larger one handy and liked how the two looked together.
If you are able to stage a picture that you like, you are done. However, my own vision was to have a picture of the nest on a piece of barnboard, and I did not have a good piece of wood handy. So, I did some Photoshop magic to get my own final result. This is my original image of the eggs in the nest.
I purchased a barnboard digital background from 123rf.com (my go-to source, no affiliate link) and I used Photoshop to merge the 2 files. Here's that result.
The image was a little dark and dull so I used a Lightroom preset that I created to brighten up the file. I included the preset and instructions to install and use it in a separate blog post.
And, lastly, here's a close-up final picture of the eggs in the nest.